G.D.P.R. (GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION)
- As a provider of Medical Services The London Nail Laser Clinic are required to record details of all patients; details include medical information, medication, medical history etc. along with general demographic details.
- All details will be retained using an electronic record system.
- Permission from a parent or someone holding parental responsibility is required for all patients under the age of 16.
- We are required to retain medical records for a minimum of 7 years after the last treatment. (N.B. Timescales vary due to circumstances such as age at first treatment and mental health capacity.)
- Your Right to be Forgotten cannot override the requirement for medical notes to be held for the above mentioned minimum retention period.
- With your agreement we may use your details to liaise with other medical professionals outside of The London Nail Laser Clinic to assist in your care for example, your General Practitioner.
- We will not use your information for any other purpose than providing or promoting our podiatry services except where permission has been granted as mentioned above to liaise with other medical professionals.
- Your demographic information may be used to aid with appointment booking and booking reminders.
- Your information will not be sold to any third party.
- You have the right to request a copy of any information we hold about you. This can be obtained by submitting a written request.
- We may levy a charge to cover the cost of providing such information.
If you are not happy for this information to be retained, we unfortunately will be unable to provide you with any podiatry care.
This policy provides you with the details of how any personal data we collect from our website will be processed.
Information collected from website user:
The following aspects of data may be collected when you visit our site:
- Comments (Name, Email and Comment Message) – when you comment, the data is stored on our server. Your data may also be sent in emails to administrators of this site.
- Analytics – we use analytics to tell how many people visit the website and how often they visit
Information Regarding Site Cookies
Cookies are small text files that are downloaded to your computer or mobile device. Cookies don’t harm your computer. Read more about cookies in general.
- Cookies help us to provide you with a good user experience when you browse our site.
- Cookies are used on this website to collect statistics about how visitors interact with the website; which search engine they used to find the site and record statistics such as your browser, IP address, general location and operating system and type of device used to view our site. These details help us to improve on how we manage and maintain our site, in order to give you the best possible visitor experience.
- By browsing this website, you understand that cookies will be collected from you.
If you do not wish to proceed any further please click here to be directed to Google Search Page.
Information Commissioners Office (Registration No: ZA049659)
The London Nail Laser Clinic is a registered data protection user. We will only use the information that we collect from you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. For information about your rights under UK data protection laws, please see the website of the UK Data Protection Commissioner.
The London Nail Laser Clinic (“LNLC”) is committed to protecting your privacy. This statement sets out:
Which personal information we collect from you.
- How we use it.
- To whom we can disclose it.
- How we protect it.
- How you can access it and rectify it.
Which personal information we collect from you.
When you register with us or place an order with us, we collect and store the following basic information:
- Your name
- Contact details e.g. address, telephone number, email address
- Order details
- username and password
- payment information including credit/debit card number and details
You may provide us with additional information when you communicate with us by telephone, email, post and by using this site for example if you store a list of favourites or complete a questionnaire.
We may obtain information about you from other sources including credit and/or credit card information from credit bureaus.
How we use your Personal Information
We use this information to fulfil our agreement with you for example:
- To register you with our website and to administer our website services;
- To process your order;
- For assessment and analysis to enable us to develop and improve our services;
- To administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter.
To whom we can disclose your personal information.
We will only disclose your personal information to third parties for the purposes set out in paragraph 2 above. These include our employees and agents who administer any accounts, products and services provided to you by us, as well as third parties for credit card processing and delivery of your orders.
In order to protect both you and us from fraud and theft, we may pass on information that we obtain from making identity checks and other information in our customer records, (including how you conduct your account) to other retailers and other organisations (including law enforcement agencies) involved in fraud prevention and detection, to use in the same way.
We may disclose your personal information to anyone in the context of a sale or merger of all or part of our business, to anyone to whom we transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you, or when we have a duty to do so by law.
If we intend to transfer your information outside the European Economic Area we will also obtain your consent first.
How do we protect your personal information
All of your personal details are encrypted to help keep them secure. We only accept orders using Secure Socket Layout (SSL). This technology prevents you from inadvertently revealing personal information using an insecure connection. Our site supports 128 bit encryption to keep your details as safe as possible at all times. We will reveal only the last five digits of your credit card number when confirming an order and we ask you for your card billing address as an additional security check.
No credit or debit details are stored once your order has been processed. This is why you need to enter your card details each time you make an order.
We also maintain physical and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal information. This includes ensuring that only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (like billing clerk or customer service representative) are granted access to personally identifiable information. All employees are trained and regularly up-dated on our security and privacy practices.
How can you access and rectify your personal information.
You can access and rectify certain of your personal information by logging on to your account.
Please note that our site may be linked to other websites which may be accessed through our site. The London Nail Laser Clinic is not responsible for the data policies or security procedures or the contents of these linked websites.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small harmless text files placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website. The Cookie acts as an identification card for the visiting site. They enable your browser to exchange information with the website server, and can be used for essential purposes (such as remembering you’ve logged in to a site or what product you have put into your shopping cart), or optional purposes (such as for website analytics purposes, such as how many visitors came to the site).
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit All About Cookies. However, please note that if you choose to disable cookies, then parts of this website may not function correctly and it will severely harm our business, we will no longer be able to track visits to our website, see what the most popular pages are or devices looking at our website, it will be the equivalent of running a sweet shop, blindfolded with no stock-taking facility available.
What cookies do we use?
The table below list the cookies we use and will set regardless of your acceptance of our cookie message, these cookies are seen as essential to the running of the website, without them, desktop, mobile and tablet devices will not display the images properly.
|Cookie Function||Cookie Name||Description|
|WordPress Login||WordPress is the Content Management System (CMS) that runs this website. It uses a “session cookie” when logging in and out and is essential for proper website operation. User data is all anonymous.|
|WordPress Admin UI||WordPress also cookies to to customize your view of admin interface, and possibly also the main site interface. User data is all anonymous.|
|Used by some plugins that the site uses|
The following table lists any cookies that are seen as non-essential to the workings of the website.
|Cookie Function||Cookie Name||Description|
|Google Analytics||We use Google Analytics to allow us to analyse the traffic to our site and to review a number of statistics regarding our visitors. (Further information on the data they collect is available here).|